PSR's Domestic Politics Unit seeks to examine the Palestinian domestic scene and the process of governance. It focuses on the different facets of state building and political change. Issues of interest include institution building, security sector reform transition to democracy, clean government, civics, political trends, and political alignment. DPU seeks to develop various quantitative political indicators with a special focus on developing a Palestinian democracy index, a security sector index, as well as trends in political affiliation and the domestic balance of power.
Who Needs Security?
Palestinians residing in area “B,” area “C,” H-2 in Hebron, and Isolated Jerusalem neighborhoods (excluded by the separation wall) struggle to survive in an environment lacking security and rule of law and hold the Palestinian Authority responsible for their protection: Findings of two special polls on security and rule of law in West Bank territories, particularly those outside area “A” June-August 2016
Palestinians residing in area “B,” area “C,” H-2 in Hebron, and isolated Jerusalem neighborhoods struggle to survive in an environment lacking security and rule of law and hold the Palestinian Authority responsible for their protection and demand Palestinian police presence in their areas: Findings of four special polls on security and rule of law in West Bank territories, particularly those outside area “A” June-December 2016
Palestinian Security Sector Index: 2010-2012:
- Scores for PSS Index and indicators according to selected areas and topics_ENG3Waves_Sept2012
- PSSI presentation ENGSept2012
- Scores for PSSI Indicators and sub Indicators according to WE_GS_ENG3Waves_Sept2012
Arab Democracy Index:
1) Report number 3, 2011
2) Report number 2, 2010
3) Report number 1, 2008
- Fateh-Hamas Agreement: A Deal worth Nurturing - Dr. Khalil Shikaki - 11.February.2007
Palestinian Public Institution Reform:
- Strengthening Palestinian Public Institutions (English) + (Arabic)- - published 1999.
- Can Hamas Moderate? Insights from Palestinian Politics during 2005-2011 - Dr. Khalil Shikaki - January 2015
- With Hamas in Power: Impact of Palestinian Domestic Developments on Options for the Peace Process - Dr. Khalil Shikaki - February 2007
- Fatah Resurrected, Dr. Khalil Shikaki, -The National Interest, November/ December 2009
Palestinian Draft Constitution:
- Text of the Palestinian Draft Constitution - (Arabic)
- The Third Draft Constitution for a Palestinian State(PDF) : Translation and Commetnary by Nathan J. Brown, October 2003
- Hamas’ Electoral Victory: SWEEPING, YET NOT DECISIVE - Dr. Khalil Shikaki - June 2006
Workshops: (Arabic only)